Sunday 21 October 2012

Life in the front lines

Dear: Andrew Harrison

        I've been working at the front lines of the trench and I'm lucky to be alive. Our commander told us to ' Go over the top' which means we basically rush into No Man's Land and try and overtake the enemy's base. No Man's Land got that nickname because death was almost certain. We had to run across an open field while the enemy fired shots at us. While running across that strip of land, many of my fellow comrades were shot and died. Some died instantly, however, many of the soldiers got shot and died a horrible death by bleeding out. I managed to make it back to the trench just barely. Almost everyone in our unit was killed because our commander set us up for suicide. Although I made it out alive, I still have to worry about my hygiene because I was shot in the arm. There have been numerous cases where a soldier makes it back with a gun wound, but still dies through infection. The doctors in this trench are going to do what they can today and hopefully I can pull through this. With our rotations in hand, I am working in the back of the trench now and I will be receiving metal treatment

Love : Gordon Harrison


I'm really glad that I made it out of these trenches alive. No more dealing with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment